As much as we want the rains, unfortunately this year our golf course has had enough of it. Hopefully we will have more warm and sunny days as we enter the month of March. So whenever the weather allows make sure to come out here and “knock off the rust” of your swing on the course. We are very grateful to all the members for your continued support during these wet conditions we have been experiencing at the Club.
|WEDNESDAY CLUB COMPETITION
|SATURDAY CLUB COMPETITION
|Please sponsor this day
|Please sponsor this day
Thank you to Mitek for taking sponsorship of the March Wednesday Club Competitions
Players you are being urged to show courtesy to the sponsors by attending Prize Giving.
The following new members have joined the best Club in town, let us make them feel at home.
|Abdallah M Alphonce
CHAPMAN GOLF CLUB PRACTISE RANGE NEWSLETTER.
- April Fool’s Family Fun Day. The Range will be holding an April Fool’s Fun Family Day at the range on Saturday 1st April 2017. There will full bar and catering – jumping castles, water slides, fun golf chipping, putting and target hitting competitions, team fun and games. A fun day out for the whole family. We are inviting companies to join us on this family day to sponsor various areas and display your company branding. We will also be inviting small businesses to come along and promote their products. Keep this day free!!!!! Contact the range office 0775464666 or Cath Riley 0772204849 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swipe Cards – Members receive 20% discount off their ball hire when using their Chapman Swipe Card. You can also pay using Ecocash and we have a bank swipe machine.
- New range balls – We are expecting another delivery of new range balls in the first week of March. Thanks to Mitek. Thanks also to the golfers that return our stray range balls on the golf course. Remember the use of range balls on the golf course is prohibited.
- Ladies Golf Coaching Clinics with Cath Riley are held every second week on Saturday mornings 9am to 10.30am, $10/player – contact the range office 0775464666 or Cath on 0772204849. The next Clinic will be on Saturday 4th March.
- April School Holidays – Junior Golf Coaching Clinic will be held starting on Monday 10th April to Friday 14th April. 9am to 11am $5/player. All welcome no need to register. Lots of fun competitions.
- Mowing – We would like to thank Chapman Golf Club Ground Staff for their efforts to keep up with the mowing on the golf course and also here at the range. It has been very difficult the last few weeks with all the rain.
- Advertising Opportunities are still available at the range to advertise and promote your business. Contact Range office 0775464666
CAPTAIN’S DINNER 2017
A year has almost gone by since I was elected captain of Chapman, your club, my club and together our club! As is the tradition I will host a dinner on the 17th of March just to celebrate the completion of my one-year tenure of captaincy. I would like to invite you and your spouse or partner to join myself and my wife Thokozile as we host you to what we hope will be a night of entertainment, laughter, great company, good food and lots of drinks!
As you may be aware as well as being captain of Chapman, I am also the president of Zimbabwe Junior Golf. It is with this in mind that I would like to dedicate this evening to junior golf development. Those attending the dinner will be asked to contribute at least $10 each which will be donated to Zimbabwe Junior Golf.
Should you wish to attend the event please could you book your seat/s through our marketing team. We cannot accommodate all the Chapman members so this will be done on a first come first serve basis. The donations can be paid through the Chapman accounts office in cash form, transfer or point of sales.
I look forward to hosting you on the 17th of March and if I have not said it before thank you for allowing me to be your captain in 2016/2017.
CHAPMAN LADIES GOLF
Chapman Ladies golf kicked off the year on a high note with the juniors excelling on all fronts. Sadly our one junior Daniela Banda left us to take up a golf scholarship at the University of Florida. We wish her well.
In mid-December 2016, Danielle Bekker participated in the Under 14 Malaysia Junior World Championships in Dohor. She stunned all by ending in second place.
In early January 2017 Danielle played in the Boland under 18 JUNIOR OPEN TOURNAMENT hosted in ROBERTSON in the CAPE where she placed 7th. An amazing result as she just turned 14 in November. Danielle then proceeded to play the WESTERN PROVINCE U18 JUNIOR OPEN TOURNAMENT hosted at Kuils River Golf Club in CAPE TOWN where she placed 4th only three strikes behind the winner.
On 12th February 2017 Danielle played in the Eastern Province Championship in Port Elizabeth. In extreme windy conditions all the players struggled but Danielle came 7th in a field of 69 players. She now had 3 top 10 finishes out of 3 international tournaments this year.
Other local news involving our juniors is that Emily Jones was Best Girl at the Ray Straker Tournament on Tue 3rd January 2017 hosted at Chapman Golf Club – Margaret Nyamukondiwa was runner up.
Emily was Best Girl at the Zimbabwe Junior Stroke play on Wed 4th & Thu 5th January 2017 at Wingate Country Club – Margaret was runner up.
Margaret beat Emily in the Zimbabwe Junior Match play at Country Club on Fri 6th and Sat 7th January 2017 – and hence she was the highest placing girl in the match play.
Mash East and West Stroke Play took place on 28 and 29 January 2016 and Danielle came 2nd and Emily 4th in the Championship Division.
We have left the best for last:
Danielle Bekker won the National Junior Sports Woman of the year 2016 – and also went on to win National Junior Sports Person of the Year 2016 – one of only two people to win two national sports awards.
Whilst we all play hard, our ladies Vice Capt, Linda, was having her own fun in India
A League Chapman on Bye
B League Chapman 4 ,Ruwa 2 @ B/Brooke
A League Chapman vs Police @ Wingate
B League Chapman vs Wingate @ Ruwa
Both matches will be played on the 12th of March 2017.
Kindly note, players who wish to represent the Club please contact the following League Captains:
De Oliveira H email@example.com
Chakanyuka E firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTHLY MEDAL SPONSORED BY CBZ BANK
The winners are:
Championship Division 0-6 h/caps
Runner Up: T Nyamukondiwa h/c 3 nett 80
Winner: D AMM h/c 1 nett 77
Division B 7-12 h/caps
Runner Up: C John h/c 9 nett 77
Winner : D Hillan h/c 10 nett 70
Division C 13-18 h/caps
Runner Up: S Dzikiti h/c 17 nett 75
Winner: V Patel h/c 15 nett 73
Division D 19-24 h/caps
Runner Up: L Matoushaya h/c 21 nett 77 c/out Sawadya
Winner: M Dodo h/c 22 nett 79 c/out
INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD SPONSORED BY NICOZ DIAMOND
Winner : D Hillman h/c 10 on 41pts
R/up : R Mohamed h/c 2 on 39 pts c/out
3rd : M Gurira h/c 19 also on 39 pts
4th : k Horonga h/c 13 on 38 pts
- The Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday 27 March 2017 @ 1745 hrs in the Function Room. Please note, only fully paid up members will be allowed to attend.
- The Club is now selling Zol internet vouchers. These are available at the Front Office.
- Members are reminded to handle club property with care i.e. changing rooms’ equipment, towels, showers, sauna and any other club property you make use of.
- Please note lockers are Club property for rental at $40.00 per annum. Rent a locker and safe guard your valuables.
- All members are advised to pay their outstanding subs fees before the end of February, swipe cards for those with outstanding fees will remain blocked.
- Members are urged to update their email addresses in order for them to receive important club updates. We have reserved one telephone number 04 747969 for members incoming calls only and cell phone numbers 078 4014414 for accounts office and for the reception 0718 194 081.
- Let us keep our Club environment clean by placing litter in the bins provided on the course and around the Club house.
Sales & Marketing