I think we all now want to see the end of one of the coldest winter season as far as we can remember as we wait anxiously for the warm sunshine to show up but so far we haven’t seen much of it. We would like to thank our course staff for keeping the greens in this immaculate condition considering the past months harsh weather condition.
The golf club is open every day and our services range from the golf course, business lunch, corporate functions facilities, Sunday lunch 3 course menus and any event you may want us to host for you.
For $250 you can sponsor a club competition either on a Wednesday or a Saturday afternoon. You will be able to display your business banners and products all day. Sponsors will be given the opportunity to address the players at Prize-Giving. If you are interested in sponsoring, please contact Golf Admin Ranga or Douglas they will gladly give a day suitable to you.
Players you are being urged to show courtesy to the sponsors by attending Prize Giving.
Annual Fundraising Golf Day 25 June 2016
Once again we would like to thank all the sponsors for helping us raise funds for the Club. We managed to raise over $6000.00 which will go towards the development of the club i.e the boundry palisade fence, course machinary and repairs of both the inside and outside of the club house.
Chapman Grand Slam Tournament
The Grand Slam tournament was held on the 9th and 10th of July 2016. This tournament was played by the best of the best amateur golfers from all-over the country. Players with a handicap of 12 and below were the only golfers allowed to enter in this tournament. Entries were from different golf clubs that included Harare Royal Club, Borrowdale Brooke, Country Club, Wingate golf Club, Hippo Valley and Bulawayo golf club all hoping to be named the champion of the champions.
David Amm our top junior player lifted the individual trophy after an exciting 3 hole play- off with T, Masunga and K, Vincent both from Harare Royal Club. The Chapman A team, represented by Tafara Mpofu, David Amm, Stuart Krog and Jack Allard won the team event with Harare Royal coming second. These boys performed with excellence and played their hearts out to keep the club’s flag flying high. Well done guys!!!
We would like to thank all the players who participated during this National Tournament hosted by Chapman every year, this event was a success through your support.
Grand Slam Tournament Results
Winner : D.Amm
Runner up : T Masunga
DAVID AMM winner of the Grand Slam tournament. “THE CHAMPION”
The following members have joined us this month and we wish them all the best at the club.
- Ladies Clinic with Cath Riley will be on Saturday 6th August 2016 – 9am to 10.30am. $10 includes tea and coffee. All welcome.
- We are open over the holiday weekend. Bring the whole family to practise!!!!
- Members using their Chapman swipe card will receive 20% discount off when paying for ball hire.
- Use of range balls on the golf course is prohibited. Please throw or hit our stray range balls back onto the range. Thanks!!
- We now have a POS machine for those players wanting to pay for ball hire using their bank card.
TO ALL OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS SAVE YOUR CASH.
WE NOW HAVE A POS TERMINAL IN THE SHOP FOF ALL CARD PURCHASES.
ADIDAS SHOES@ $99.00
DON’T FORGET THAT ROGER AND WILLIAM DO LESSONS THROUGH THE SHOP FOR $20/HALF HOUR
Golfer’s who know make use of their Pro!
Peppy Motors are now at Chapman Golf Club please support our sponsors.
A League team- Chapman 3, Falcon 3.
B League team – Chapman 3, Warren 3.
A League Chapman vs. Royal at Mt Pleasant
B League Chapman vs. Mt Pleasant at Falcon
Both matches will be played on the 21th of August 2016.
Kindly note, players who wish to represent the Club please contact the following League Captains:
De Oliveira H firstname.lastname@example.org
Chakanyuka E email@example.com
MONTHLY MEDAL SPONSORED BY CBZ BANK
The winners are:
Championship Division 0-6 h/caps
Runner Up: T Nyamukondiwa h/c 6 also on nett 76
Winner: D Amm h/c 0 nett 76
Division B 7-12 h/caps
Runner Up: S Sibanda h/c 7 nett 75 c/out Hillman D, Rick S
Winner : C John h/c 9 nett 72
Division C 13-18 h/caps
Runner Up: AP Gulab h/c 17 on nett 67
Winner: J Masuku h/c 17 nett 65
Division D 19-24 h/caps
Runner Up: Chipunza D h/c 20 nett 70
Winner: E Makanda h/c 23 nett 68
POSB Mega Medal Results
Winner : MN Dodo h/c 24 nett 68 c/out
R/up : T Chatambudza h/c 7 on nett 68 c/out
3rd : T Nyamukondiwa h/c 5 also on nett 68 c/out
4th : D Amm h/c 0 nett 69 c/out
Results of the Individual Stableford sponsored by Nicoz Diamond
Winner : M Gurira h/c 19 on 38 pts c/out
Runner up : E Makanda h/c 23 also on 38 pts
3rd : M Masuku h/c 12 on 37 pts
4th : F Nyabereka h/c 20 on 36 pts c/out
- There will be a video recording of players on the course during all Wednesday and Saturday Club competitions which will be then played at the Prize Giving.
- The Club is now selling Zol internet vouchers. These are available at the Front Office.
- Members are kindly advised to pay up their owning subs before the 31st of July to avoid your swipe cards to be blocked.
- Members are reminded to handle club property with care i.e. changing rooms’ equipment, towels, showers, sauna and any other club property you make use of.
- Members are advised to rent a locker for safe keeping of your belongings at the club. Rental fees are only $40 for the whole year, daily rental are $2, please safeguard you valuables and for those who own lockers renew your rental fees. Contact Patience at the Front Office for more details if you require a locker. Please note lockers are club property for rental.
- Members are urged to update their email addresses in order to receive important club updates. We have reserved one telephone number 04 747969 for members incoming calls only and cell phone numbers 078 4014414 for accounts office and for the reception 0718 194 081.
- To keep up with what’s happening at the club, like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/chapmangolfclub) and also visit our website (www.chapmangolf.co.zw).
To make this newsletter more interesting, we will be having a member’s column where you can share short stories and jokes. You can send them on our email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We would like to thank Mr Nzvere, Mr E. Chakanyuka for a job well done during the Grand Slam Tournament, for being our Referee and Marshall respectively.
Advertise your company or product in our newsletter as it is becoming popular and getting so much exposure. It pays to advertise, don’t be left out! Contact the marketing department now for advertisement space in the next edition.
Sales & Marketing